What distinguishes Christianity from all other religions is the core truth that its founder, Jesus Christ, was not a religious teacher or just a prophet. He was God come in the flesh! His words were the words of God. His works were the works of God. Receiving Christ is to receive God.
In John 1:12-18 we are given five benefits of receiving the Word.
• We become a child of God, vv. 12-13.
• We behold the glory of God, v. 14.
• We believe the witness about God, v. 15.
• We are bestowed the grace of God, vv. 16-17.
• We are blessed with the knowledge of God, v. 18
Anyone who receives the Word will be received by the Word.