Last week we discovered why God’s Word is important.
- It is by the Bible we are saved.
- It is by the Bible we are equipped.
- It is by the Bible we are guided.
How does the Bible do these things in our lives? It doesn’t happen by just sitting on the coffee table! There are five ways we intake God’s truth. We will explore those ways over the next several weeks. The first way is by hearing God’s trust. There are five results when we hear God’s truth.
- Hearing God’s truth enlarges our heart, Deuteronomy 6:4-5.
- Hearing God’s truth energizes our faith, Romans 10:17.
- Hearing God’s truth establishes our responsibility, Luke 8:18.
- Hearing God’s truth expresses our identity, John 10:27.
- Hearing God’s truth affects our salvation, Ephesians 1:13.
Don’t just hear, LISTEN!
- Listen intently, James 1:19
- Listen actively, James 1:23
- Listen eagerly, Psalm 119:131