The prophet Isaiah lived in Israel when the future was uncertain, and the present was unstable. During those difficult days, he recorded a promise that has sustained the people of God ever since, Isaiah 26:3-4. Perfect peace comes from steadfast trust.
The apostle Paul was facing an uncertain future and unstable present. Yet in Acts 19:21-41, he possessed an unshakeable peace. In these verses, Paul personified the truth of Isaiah 26:3-4—perfect peace comes from steadfast trust.
- God’s peace sustains in the face of an uncertain future, vv. 21-22.
- Steadfast trust submits to God’s plan — no matter how unclear the path or unwelcome the way.
- God’s peace sustains in the face of an unstable present, vv. 23-41.
- Steadfast trust submits to God’s protection no matter how uncomfortable the situation, vv. 23-31.
- Steadfast trust submits to God’s provision no matter how unexpected the source, vv. 32-41.
Perfect peace comes from steadfast trust, and perfect peace begins with saving faith.